Research has shown that participants with no experience in mindfulness meditation can improve their memory recall in just eight weeks. Meditation, with its power to help us concentrate, has also been shown to improve improve standardized test scores and working memory abilities after just two weeks.
2. Drink Coffee after studying to improve memory recall for up to 24 hours
Study can be found here.
3. Eat berries for better long-term memory
A study from the University of Reading and the Peninsula Medical School found that supplementing a normal diet with blueberries for twelve weeks improved performance on spatial working memory tasks. The effects started just three weeks in and continued for the length of the study.
4. Take 20 minute walks for better memory recall
5. Chew gum to make memories stronger
It increases activity in the hippocampus, an important area of the brain for memory.
Increases in oxygen flow to brain lead to better focus and attention.
6. 40 minute naps help solidify your memories